If your looking for the best altcoins under 1 billion market cap in 2022 you’ve landed in the right place. Some Alternative Coins (Altcoins) are extremely undervalued. By Altcoins, we mean those cryptocurrencies that are not Bitcoin. These coins range from Ethereum (ETH), Solana (SOL), and Ripple (XRP). We are sure you must have read about some of those coins and the solutions they are bringing to the cryptocurrency space.
Usually, when an altcoin is said to be “undervalued,” cryptocurrency enthusiasts interpret that to mean that the market capitalization is only a few million (in dollars). As much as that is true, some of these altcoins could have billions in market capitalization, considering the extensive solutions they offer.
So, in this article, we will exclusively discuss some of the altcoins that we think are highly undervalued. We will also talk about the solutions and or use cases, which could push the valuation of the market cap to billions (in dollars).
Also, if you’re still on the hunt for a great crypto exchange, we’ve got 5 of the best to check out right here.
Coin 1: Sushiswap
Our first best altcoin under 1 billion market cap in 2022 is Sushiswap. Sushiswap, or Sushi for short, is a Decentralized Exchange (DEX) and software running on the Ethereum blockchain. As much as it is not the first DEX in the cryptocurrency industry, it has lots of potential.
When placed side-by-side with competitors (Uniswap and Balancer), Sushiswap offers more solutions. For example, the exchange uses its smart contracts technology to automate transactions in its Automated Market Maker (AMM) protocol. This means that its users can take advantage of the platform to automate cryptocurrencies, across different decentralized trading platforms.
One of the core values of the Sushiswap DEX is the removal of intermediaries. As a decentralized platform for cryptocurrency traders, it ensures that the central operator administrators (middlemen) wouldn’t be needed. In their place, the smart contract feature and the AMM protocol help the users to automate trades across different exchanges/trading platforms.
Reasons to Buy Sushiswap Coin
Here are a couple of reasons why you should hold some of the Sushiswap native token ($SUSHI) in your cryptocurrency wallet:
- As a decentralized trading platform, Sushiswap allows users to be in absolute control of their crypto assets.
- The $SUSHI coin and the xSUSHI token have potentials, whereby the coin is the primary means of exchange and the token is for governance purposes. With the xSUSHI token, you can contribute to the governance of the exchange, because it is a utility token that allows the holders to submit proposals, vote for or against submitted proposals.
Coin 2: Star Atlas
The talks of the Metaverse have been subject to ongoing discourse in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. In the Metaverse, we can communicate irrespective of the location we are. The amazing thing – it will also feel like we are in the same room. Agreed, this is one of the best technological advancements to happen because it makes communication easier.
Yet, some cryptocurrency projects are thinking out of the box to come up with new solutions to make the Metaverse more exciting than it appears to be. One of such projects is Star Atlas. This project focuses on building “a grand strategy game of space exploration, territorial conquest, political domination, and more.”
The goal of the project is to develop a blockchain-based gaming ecosystem that will encompass video gaming, multiplayer gameplay, and space-themed games.
Also, the Star Atlas cryptocurrency project includes Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), which would be used to fuel the incentives given to the players.
Reasons to Buy Star Atlas
Investing in the Star Atlas token ($ATLAS) is a viable investment for the following reasons:
- 80% of the $ATLAS to be minted in the future will be used as incentives for the players.
- The coin still has lots of room for growth, considering that it has a fully-diluted market cap of over $6 billion.
Coin 3: Orchid OXT
Our next best altcoin under 1 billion market cap in 2022 is Orchid. It is believed that blockchain technology, one of the components of Distributed Layer Technology (DLT) can prevent malicious access to platforms. The issue of cybercrimes, including hacking web-based platforms, triggered the need for a decentralized solution, such as the one offered by Orchid.
As you may know, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are used to “mask” or cover the identity and original IP address of Internet users. It appears that this solution exists on traditional platforms and not on blockchain-based platforms. This is the reason why the Orchid cryptocurrency project wants to solve that issue by introducing a decentralized form of VPN.
Through this platform, you can use a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) privacy network to stay safe when surfing websites.
Reasons To Buy Orchid
The following reasons should convince you of the potential of the Orchid Token (OXT):
- With the token, you can stake and become a Bandwidth Provider. This confers on you, the right to operate nodes and provide the Orchid blockchain with bandwidth.
- You can also use the Orchid Token (OXT) to pay for the decentralized VPN solutions. This way, you will have access to a decentralized and peer-based privatized network.
Coin 4: Ankr
Ankr is a blockchain-based platform that offers “shared resources.” It aims to bring the Decentralized Finance (DeFi) and Web3 ecosystems together. The idea is to ensure that blockchain solutions are scalable.
One of the highlights of the Ankr project is the affordability of the blockchain hosting solution. Just like you would host your website, it is now possible to host blockchain nodes on the Ankr platform. What’s more? The platform leverages its proprietary cloud infrastructure to prevent lapses in blockchain hosting, as well as improve the security of the underlying networks.
Reasons To Buy Ankr
$ANKR, the native token of the Ankr project, has the following potentials:
- The market capitalization is a little above $600 million at the time of writing.
- Only 82% of the token is circulating.
- Owning and staking the token allows you to participate in the network governance, such as voting on future upgrades and the development of the Ankr platform.
- The token is also used for major payments, such as accessing the API service and monthly node access fee payment.
Coin 5: Bitcoin Gold
The last coin on the list is Bitcoin Gold (BTG). It is a hard fork of the Bitcoin (BTC) cryptocurrency. The major input of the coin is to use the Application-Scientific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) for Bitcoin mining. This is used as a replacement for the Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus algorithm adopted by the Bitcoin, open-source cryptocurrency.
Reasons To Buy Bitcoin Gold
Investing in Bitcoin Gold could turn out to be an awesome investment because of these reasons:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) has a limited supply – only a maximum of 21 million BTG coins will be supplied. Out of these, 83% of the coins are already available in the cryptocurrency market.
- The market capitalization is still under $600 million.
- The coin can also be deployed for payments and applications for smart contracts.
Top 3 Best Crypto Exchanges
1. Binance US
Binance US is a cryptocurrency exchange for U.S. residents that allows users to buy, sell, and trade supported cryptocurrency. Binance US also offers “staking,” or lending of several cryptocurrencies, paying users interest for lending their crypto assets. They have a wide list of cryptos available and super low trading fees. You can get started on Binance US here.
- Great looking interface on desktop & mobile
- Beginner friendly
- Low trading fees
- Fewer crypto-to-crypto currency pairs than global Binance site
Uphold is considered to be one of the safest ways to buy cryptocurrency by many digital asset experts. Since launching in 2014, Uphold has maintained an exemplary reputation for security among its customers. The site is unique in the sheer amount of assets it offers. You can get started on Uphold here.
- Available in more than 180 different countries
- Transactions sent between Uphold users are completely free
- Huge list of cryptos available
- Fees are unclear in certain buy and sell spreads
If you’re looking for an affordable, all-in-one cryptocurrency platform, Crypto.com might be right for you. The more Cronos (CRO) you’re able to stake, the more benefits you’ll get from this exchange. They also have a huge list of cryptos available. You can get started on Crypto.com here.
- Wide list of crypto available
- Low trading fees
- Staking available
- Lack of educational resources
We hope you enjoyed this list of the best altcoins under 1 billion market cap in 2022. Buying altcoins is a strategic way to invest in the cryptocurrency market. Not everyone can afford to buy or hold 1 Bitcoin (BTC). But you can be able to afford one or more altcoins. With the right investment and risk management strategy, you can make lots of returns from any of the altcoins on the list, especially when they hit a billion-dollar market capitalization.