Poker is one of the most played games at different online gambling platforms. Reputed to be a game that involves “playing the best hand,” poker allows the players to bet or wager on the best type of hands to play. You can choose from a plethora of options, including but not limited to Follow the Queen, Omaha, High/Low Chicago and Texas Hold’Em.
Offshore betting on poker is on the rise, given the desire by many poker fans to enjoy online poker, despite existing restrictions in their jurisdictions. In this article, you are going to find out some of the best platforms to wager on your favorite poker type even outside your location.
Benefits to Playing Online Poker
Why should you play poker online in the first place when you could walk into an offline bookie and play your best hands? Since the launch of the online variants, you now have lots of options to choose, and as well, many reasons to wager on poker online.
1. Playing Poker Online Isn’t Intimidating
One of the best ways to learn poker is to play it online. Sitting at a table in front of other players in an offline bookie could be intimidating, because you will spend a lot of time trying to get a hang of things.
The reverse is the case with online poker gameplay, where you have the time to:
- Learn the game at your pace.
- Take the time to study what the other players are doing at the table.
- Implement some of the strategies you learned to see the ones that work best.
2. Your Anonymity is Assured
Learning how to play poker online is also ideal for players who want to stay away from public eyes while mastering this important gambling skill.
Because of the design of most online gaming platforms, you don’t have to use your real identity to play and wager on poker games on the platforms.
3. Several Bonuses and Promotions to Choose from
Unlike offline bookies, you can now have access to a plethora of bonuses and promotions offered by some of the best offshore poker platforms. These bonuses range from:
- Deposit bonus
- Cashback bonus
- Moneyback guarantee
Reasons to Use Offshore Poker Sites
Now, why would any poker fan prefer playing at offshore poker sites than use the platforms that are available in their locations?
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider playing at any of the offshore poker sites reviewed in this article:
1. Access to More Poker Rooms
In the United States for instance, you have access to only poker rooms or sites that are regulated by the government. However, only 3 states in the U.S. have opened up this opportunity. This, therefore, calls for more poker sites to help poker fans enjoy more poker-related games.
When playing at any of the popular offshore poker sites, you would have access to more rooms and game options to choose from.
2. Transparency is at its Best
Worried about the poker games being rigged? You don’t have to be because most of these offshore poker platforms take transparency seriously, reason why they ensure that games are not rigged.
3. Play anytime and any how you want
Your location doesn’t matter and so does the device you use. The online poker sites outside your location allow you enjoy most of the unique offers, including playing anytime you want and from many devices.
Poker Site 1. – Ignition Poker
Our first best offshore poker site to play on in 2022 is Ignition Poker. Launched in 2016 and located in Costa Rica, the platform is one of the best places to play poker with access to a variety of poker-related games. These games are also designed for all skills, making it easier for poker fans to play and wager on the games that fit their skills/expertise.
Ignition Poker also have lots of commendable features, including hosting up to 3,000 poker players at a go, enabling player number switches when tables are changed and the use of anonymous tables.
- Multiple payment options, including MasterCard, Bitcoin, VISA, Neteller and Bank Wire Transfers.
- Accepts poker players from the United States.
- Offers a variety of poker-based games for different skill levels.
- Player competition at higher levels is tough
- Rewards program could be better
Poker Site 2 – Bovada Poker
Bovada Poker is one of the oldest offshore poker platforms. The site was said to have been opened sometime around 2004 and continued operations until 2016. It would later be reopened in 2017 and has been active since date. One of the unique attributes of the platform is the acceptance from poker players from up to 45 States in the U.S.
- Accepts a minimum deposit of $25.
- Operates multi-software that includes Instant Play, Windows, Android, iOS and Mac.
- Several deposit and withdrawal methods, such as Bitcoin SV, VISA, Bitcoin Cash and MasterCard.
- Anonymous poker tables.
- No official license.
- Supports only a few mobile tournaments.
Poker Site 3 – BetOnline Poker
BetOnline ranks among one of the top #5 poker sites in the United States. Licensed in Panama, the platform allows players to enjoy generous bonuses, multiple payment options and mobile gaming.
- Supports several payment options, including cryptocurrencies.
- Licensed in Panama.
- Multiple poker-based games to choose from.
- Minimum stakes of .01/.02
- The mobile app is compatible with most mobile software
- It doesn’t promote anonymous gaming.
- The $50 minimum deposit for MasterCard and VISA is a bit high.
- Fees are charged on card deposits.
Poker Site 4 – Americas Cardroom
Americas Cardroom offers a huge selection of poker-based games, enhanced security measures (including Random Number Generator) and several bonuses.
- Plenty of payment options, such as Person-to-Person, Electronic Wallets (e-Wallets) and Credit/Debit Cards.
- Supports different types of tournaments.
- Generous bonus options, such as $12,500 trip to Las Vegas and The Beast weekly points race.
- Unregulated offshore poker site.
- High fees charged during withdrawals.
Poker Site 5 – Intertops
Intertops Poker, now known as Everygame Poker, is a poker brand that has been active for over 2 decades. Although it was established sometime around 1983, it would welcome the first set of poker players from the United States in 1996.
- Supports popular payment methods.
- Offers several poker-based game formats, including classics like Sit & Go, Omaha, and Texas Hold’Em.
- Zero fees for deposits.
- It has low traffic.
If you were looking for the best offshore poker sites to play on in 2022 we hope you enjoyed this list. Playing and wagering on poker-based games at selected offshore sites seems to be one of the best ways to enjoy the card game – especially if you are from a restricted location. Pick one or more from the list we made in this article and start having fun – and making money on the side from online poker.