Online poker has been around for a long time, and when playing you have lots of games to choose from. This abundance of options might make it hard for you to decide which poker game to go for, especially if you are new to the game. Well, if that’s the case, you might want to try out sit n go poker aka SNG’s as they are also called.
Sit n go’s are poker tournaments that start only when a specific preset number of players are present. SNGs vary widely in the number of players, blind level duration, bonus distribution, buy-in amounts, and more.
When online poker exploded in the early 2000s, it became an essential part of the poker industry. SNG tournaments are sometimes played in live arenas, most notably at the WSOP. Since waiting for a scheduled match to start can be a hassle, the online site featured SNG as the perfect choice, and the SNG grinder was born.
Best Sit N Go Poker Sites – Summarized List
- Ignition Poker – Claim Bonus
- Bovada Poker – Claim Bonus
- BetOnline Poker – Claim Bonus
- Americas Cardroom – Claim Bonus
- Intertops Poker – Claim Bonus
Different Types of Formats – 2 / 6 / 9 Person
In theory, SNG poker tournaments are not limited by the number of players. Since it is a tournament with no fixed start time, it will start when needed players join. But, even on the most famous and most significant sites, the limitless number of player formats won’t work. Instead, online SNGs are best suited for tables with a maximum of 45 players. With that said, let’s look at some of the more popular SNG formats available for you to play.
2 Players: These are heads-up SNGs, where one player wins the prize. This is a popular niche, and many players work exclusively as HUSNG experts. Some of the biggest buy-ins only apply to these games.
6 Max SNGs: Standard format is to pay for two seats, 65%/35% or 70%/30%. You can find these on just about every website, and they’re widespread across a range of buy-ins.
9 Players: This is the standard for three places to pay 50%/30%/20% of the prize pool. These are expected to be the busiest games on almost any online poker site.
Now that you have a solid idea of SNG poker, let’s explore the top 5 poker sites to play sit n go poker in 2023.
1. Ignition Poker
Ignition Poker is one of the newest poker rooms in the United States, opening in 2016, offering various options for actual poker players. The site is part of Paiwangluo Network, an independent ecosystem previously operated under the Bodog brand. Ignition Poker is exclusively for US players and is active in almost every state in the US.
Some states are exceptions because Ignition Poker complies with local regulations and is unavailable in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and Nevada players. These limitations haven’t stopped Ignition from climbing to the top of US player traffic, where it currently holds the No. 1 spot in terms of total players. You can get started on Ignition Poker here.
- America’s Highest Poker Traffic
- Responsive mobile Android and iOS software
- US players get a 150% deposit bonus of up to $1,500
- Web-based poker software for instant play
- Accepts cryptocurrencies and FIAT banking methods
- Some of the Fastest Bitcoin Withdrawals
- 24/7 customer support
- Many similar players to play against
- Rewards program could be better
2. Bovada Poker
Bovada has been present in the gaming industry for a long time. It was established in late 2011 when the Bodog brand exited the US market. Morris Mohawk Gaming Group spun off from Bodog and formed Bovada. Combining its history with the Bodog brand, Bovada has over ten years of experience serving players with excellence. You can get started on Bovada Poker here.
- Sleek, clean look with the feel of a Las Vegas poker room.
- Just click and drag to resize the table.
- Easy access to account management, poker credit balances, and hand history.
- Available in 4-color decks and other customizable options.
- User-friendly interface, effective lobby filters, gaming tables, and betting options.
- Player tracking software is limited
3. BetOnline Poker
BetOnline Poker is an online poker site whose gaming platform uses Connective Games software. It is primarily a sports betting site, but many players try poker tournaments and cash games. BetOnline Poker has many soft players because it is associated with sportsbooks, live dealer casinos, and bingo sites. You can get started on BetOnline Poker here.
- Many soft players
- Access to other adjacent sportsbooks
- Large withdrawals allowed
- Offers welcome bonus up to $1000
- Strong cryptocurrency support
- Customer service needs improvement
- Traffic could be better
4. America’s Cardroom
Due to their commitment to giving poker experiences that all players enjoy, America’s Cardroom listens to feedback. It regularly adds new features to its software to create an experience that players worldwide love. You can get started on Americas Cardroom here.
- US-focused global supplier
- Up to a $1,000 Welcome Bonus for Poker Players
- Various poker games and variations to try
- 60+ cryptocurrencies and traditional payment methods
- Fast Payouts and withdrawals
- Some concerns about robots
- No mobile app is available
5. Intertops Poker
Intertops Poker is a huge US online poker site for a vibrant community of aspiring players. The site has been online since 1996 and has helped advance online poker as part of the Horizon Poker Network. You can get started on Intertops Poker here.
- Offers extensive deposit/withdrawal options
- Large GTD prize pool in tournaments
- The optimized version of the instant game works well on mobile devices
- Withdrawals are sometimes slower than usual due to good KYC
Benefits of Poker Sit and Go (SNGs)
There are a lot of benefits that accrue to Poker SNGs that give them an edge over the typical styles of poker games and tournaments. So, if you are pondering why you should give SNGs a shot, below are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy from playing them.
- They develop well-rounded poker players because they embrace so many aspects of poker that SNG players are forced to study how the game changes as the situation changes.
- Sit & Go is more convenient than traditional tournaments. No need to schedule your game to a specific time. All you need to do is join the game in your free time. As the name implies, you sit and have a go at the game. If you get eliminated from a tournament, you can jump straight to another. Or, if you prefer, you can Sit & Go on multiple tables, which is not possible with traditional tournaments unless you play with different stakes simultaneously.
- Single table SNGs are also much faster – you don’t have to spend 6 hours on your computer like you would with a traditional big field MTT. That raises your hourly rate and balances the difference – even the best MTT players may go months without a high score.
So, you see, many reasons should motivate you to try your hand at SNG pokers. With your knowledge of the benefits, you should also know about the formats these SNG pokers can play.
If you were looking for some of the best poker sites for sit n go’s we hope this helps you out. While sit n go poker is a fun way to make money and build a bankroll, you should eventually move to cash games if you want to make the big bucks. Wherever you decide playing good luck on the virtual felt!