Every smartphone comes with some pre-installed widgets, which are mini-screens of an installed app. However, since the introduction of widgets, one can easily say that IOS has taken the widget game to a whole new level, letting you access a wealth of information without having to unlock your phone. Needless to say, there are a lot of available widgets for the iPhone and iPad in 2023, and learning about each one on your own may take forever. So, we’ve compiled a list of our top 8 best widgets for the iPhone and iPad in 2023.
What Are Widgets Used for?
Widgets are mainly designed to be placed on the home screen, allowing you to instantly see the critical details of any app from your home screen without necessarily unlocking your iPhone.
The information available for viewing on your home screen is solely dependent on the widget types installed and activated. Commonly displayed info includes the date, time, reminders, upcoming events, and weather forecasts, among others.
Benefits of Widgets
When it comes to using smartphones, convenience and quick access cannot be overemphasized. IOS users pay premiums for superior functionality as well as a great user experience. Widgets make the user experience even better.
- They are a great way to personalize the outlook of your iPhone or iPad
- Widgets ensure that essential information is easily accessible
- It saves you from opening some apps, thus saving battery life
- They allow for customization
- Widgets save you time since you have access to vital information at a glance
- Great widgets boost your productivity
- Control widgets give you multiple app controls in one place, making for easy navigation
Types of Widget
There are four major types of widgets.
- Informative widget
- Control widget
- Collection widget
- Finance widget
Top 8 Best iPhone and iPad Widgets
Widgetsmith is perhaps the most loved home screen widget among iPhone users. With Widgetsmith, you can have your date, time, and goals all within a widget to boost your productivity and improve your user experience. You can get Widgetsmith here.
- It offers a large range of widgets
- Widgets are fully customizable
- You may schedule different widgets to appear at varying times of the day or week, completely personalizing your home screen to suit your activities
- It offers different display sizes that allow you to choose the right size for your convenience
- It offers access to tide and weather-hosted data
- It offers many cool features sure to make your IOS experience fabulous
- You’d need to upgrade to the paid version of the widget app to enjoy premium features like weather-hosted data
2. Binance US
This is a relatively easy-to-use cryptocurrency widget that allows users to deposit, buy, sell, and trade crypto assets easily through Binance US. It’s an awesome app and widget for all things cryptocurrency. You can get started using Binance US here.
- It is a safe exchange platform
- It is user-friendly
- It offers many options for buying, selling, and trading cryptocurrency
- It offers quick access to your Binance account
- Binance US is both transparent in operation and convenient to use
- No crypto newsfeed
3. Color Widgets
Want to have a fun, fully customizable home screen widget? Then Color Widgets is the way to go. The widget app presents a couple of widget templates and elements from which you can choose a unique design that resonates with you. The app constantly updates and adds more designs to its already vast list of templates, so you’re never bored, nor do you run out of designs. You can get Color Widgets here.
- It offers numerous widget designs that aid personalization
- The widget app is continuously upgraded to host all new widgets
- You can create your own custom home screen widgets and create an even more personalized look
- Its interface is very user-friendly
- It is extremely easy to set up
- You’d be required to upgrade to the paid version to enjoy all the cool pro features
- It is not available in all states
This is a broker app designed for traders who want to have an easy-to-navigate, modern-day trading platform. Robinhood is built to have a simple, streamlined interface that keeps users focused and avoids any form of confusion or bother as they build their portfolio. You can get started on Robinhood here.
- It is user-friendly
- It allows you to check your portfolio and earnings without having to open the app
- It’s great for beginner traders
- It’s a great option for traders looking to invest a minimal amount
- It has fewer analytical tools than many modern brokers
5. Smart Stack
This Apple signature widget has a lot to offer. It is little wonder it is loved by many. We particularly like this adaptability, which might as well count as intelligence. Smart Stack can display information based on how you use your iPhone. For example, it will present your reminders when you are looking to know what events and tasks you have for the day. On the other hand, it’ll show podcasts at a time when you want to stay current on your podcasts. It is a must-have widget.
- It’s a combination of many different app widgets
- It allows you to stack widgets
- You can customize Smart Stack till it looks like it was custom made for you
- It also offers Siri suggestions
- It’s able to present information depending on how you use your smartphone
- Smart Stack does not do centralized planning
6. Battery Widget
This is an iPad or iPhone tool created to monitor your device’s connection, activities, and data usage. It comes with a simple and intuitive design that makes it extremely easy to navigate. The battery widget on your iPhone allows you to monitor the battery level of your phone as well as that of other devices (say an AirPod) connected to it.
- Simple and easy-to-use
- It comes with extra monitors like cellular data, storage, and memory usage.
- Some complain that the widget does not update consistently.
- You may consistently be bothered by ads unless you purchase the premium version.
This widget app is built for advanced crypto traders and is designed to provide the necessary information to trade fast and well on the go. The app offers trading in a variety of asset coins, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, etc. You can get started on Coinbase here.
- Excellent for advanced cryptocurrency traders
- The app offers a depth chart, an order book, and real-time updates
- Some complain that the app runs slowly
8. Steve Widget Game
The Steve widget game is a simple yet addictive game featuring Steve, your dinosaur friend in the notification center, and an infinite race. You help Steve jump through obstacles in his way in the desert and may unlock endless unique scenarios as you play. You can check out the Steve widget game here.
- Intuitive and easy-to-navigate control
- It’s a great running game widget
- You can customize your character
- It’s free to play
- It’s a fun game that requires no special skills
- Although the game is fun to play, it might not give you the full thrill as compared to a 3D game
Widgets were probably not supposed to be such a big deal. Nonetheless, you’d agree with us that one of the best things Apple ever added to iPhones and iPads is widgets. Today, we can boldly say that widgets are great productivity tools, and now you have a list of the best tools to start with.