Many players favor online poker because it retains the tense strategy of the game while allowing them to play from the comfort of any location. The introduction of avatars has added a new layer of experience that improved online games’ role-playability.
These photos or animated 3D models are now a common sight on most platforms, allowing users to portray themselves in different looks to other players, from a monster truck to a sweet granny or even as their plain self. So, let’s take a look at the best poker sites with avatars in 2022.
Benefits Of Playing Online poker With Avatars
Avatars have been around for some time, and while some see them as a fun UI feature, others swear by the poker gods that they are strategic tools that give a psychological edge. As you can guess, though, such an advantage is difficult to quantify and, hence, impossible to prove.
That said, here are some of the more popular beliefs (advantages) that people claim to derive from using avatars in online poker games:
- An avatar could help create an online persona through which players can better enjoy the game.
- Specific avatars could imply a particular experience/playing style in online poker.
- Innocent-looking avatars and simple names usually indicate a more trustworthy player, thus, inspiring opponents to raise and re-raise.
- It gives players an identity, bringing real-life dynamics and deception to an otherwise online experience.
You might relate to some of the above, but one can also see how it may be difficult to convince another person of what you feel. Whether you relate to any of these benefits or not, we’ve got you covered if you are searching for great online poker sites with avatars.
Below are two of the best online poker sites with avatars in 2022.
1. BetOnline Poker
BetOnline has been around for over 15 years and with a decade of online operation under its belt, BetOnline Poker doesn’t need to do much to prove its trustworthiness in the online gambling space. It definitely helps them cause that they are backed by Connective Games software.
The Connective Games software designed for use in BetOnline Poker is made specifically for the poker room, with HTML5 that enhances the smoothness of the game. The game is available on Windows, iOS, and Android devices to expand reach and flexibility. Its system results are also certified by Gaming Labs and iTech Labs if you’re looking for more credibility.
- Its cash games are soft. With an abundance of fast and loose players, games are very easy to beat, and you can quickly make a lot of money – if you are smart enough.
- It has one of the best software in the US online poker scene. Some claim it could be better, but it does the job well enough.
- Quick deposits and payouts. The site says payouts are processed within 24 hours, but you’d often get it under 12 hours.
Its cons are nothing so drastic as to ruin players’ experience, which is a testament to BetOnline Poker’s excellence. However, if you are picky enough, you might find aspects of the platform that could be better.
Two areas to note are the software speed and the general reward system, which could be better.
How to Change Avatars
When it comes to the choice of avatars, players can either select from the available icons or upload one of theirs. The rules guiding uploads are simple; you can only have one avatar at a time, and it must not be rude or offensive.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
The advantages of online poker would mean little if the deposit and withdrawal options available to players were subpar. This area is one where BetOnline has another significant advantage over rivals. Users generally want their transactions to go through as quickly as possible, and BetOnline Poker makes that possible.
Deposit options include bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies), credit and debit cards, pre-paid gift cards, wire transfers, cashier’s checks, money orders, Western Union, and MoneyGram. Payout and withdrawal options include cryptocurrencies, MoneyGram, Bank wire, ATM cards, and express checks. In both cases, Bitcoin is the fastest means of carrying out transactions, and it has the added advantage of transactions rarely getting declined.
2. Americas Cardroom
Americas Cardroom has been hosting online operations since 2001 and is among the biggest gambling sites in America. It belongs under the canopy of the Winning Poker Network and, in line with the ethos and reputation of the network, the game largely delivers.
Its famous reputation gives it much traffic even from regions outside the US, and players have a variety of games to pick from.
Americas Cardroom uses software with a user-friendly interface and a bunch of useful features like; cap tables, auto buy-ins, auto top-ups, aesthetic table graphics, and more.
Although the client software is prone to the occasional freeze, its overall performance still allows it to compete with the best. The site results are also certified by iTech Labs to ensure 100% randomness and transparency.
- You get to play via a reputable online gambling provider in Winning Poker, and you can compete in their mega Jackpot Poker or other hugely profitable tournaments.
- It has an attractive welcome bonus. New players enjoy a 100% cash back bonus on their first deposit up to $1000.
- Quick deposits and payouts. Bitcoin transactions are especially fast, often processed within 48 hours max.
- There are limited games available to players on mobile devices.
- Players are restricted from seven US states, including Delaware, Kentucky, Nevada.
- Some players have reported increasing bot activities.
How to Change Avatars
Just like the interface, changing avatars is also easy here. All you need to do is click on the avatar while seated, and you will be allowed to scroll through all available avatars. The only limitation is that you don’t get to upload yours, and you can only select from the stock options.
Deposit and Withdrawal options
Deposit options available on the platform include Debit and credit cards, Western Union, MoneyGram, cryptocurrencies. ACR also offers a unique player-to-player transfer where users can send funds to each other.
Payout and withdrawal options include cryptocurrencies, checks, and cash transfers. As said earlier, the money moves out quick to players looking to claim their winnings, and in the rare event that something goes wrong, they have a quality support team to help clear up misunderstandings.
We hope you enjoyed our picks for the best poker sites with avatars in 2022. For all of the advantages that an avatar might bring to a game of online poker, sometimes all it does is ascribe an identity to an otherwise unknown player. This could then give others a basis to play their moves off. That said, the “best poker site” can often be subjective; you only have to find one that meets your requirements and suits your playing style.
There are no perfect poker sites anywhere; however, both of the discussed platforms do a stellar job of keeping their flaws at a manageable level, and you won’t do much better in choosing an online poker platform.