Online casinos have experienced a sharp increase in popularity in recent years. Due mainly to the numerous benefits players can enjoy by opting to wager on their PCs or cellphones, they have surpassed the popularity of land-based casinos.
Online poker, basically regular poker played over the internet, has led to a substantial increase in the number of poker players at the moment. Whether you enjoy a good game of live poker or are just a gambling enthusiast, you probably play poker for a specific reason, like the thrill, the prizes, gaining expertise or just for fun.
For a new poker player, it might be scary at first because of the stakes involved; however, when you play on a verified platform, all these worries are averted. The world of online poker has experienced notable improvement in recent years in areas of graphics, poker tournaments, playing with cryptocurrencies, Virtual reality poker, rewards and so on.
Benefits To Playing In Tournaments Online
The popular online poker tournaments include Multi-Table Tournaments, Rebuy Tournaments, Sit & Go Tournaments, Shootout Tournaments, Bounty Tournaments, Turbo Tournaments, Guaranteed Tournaments, and Daily and Weekly Tournaments. You can check out platforms like Ignition, Bovada and America’s cardroom for a suitable option.
With the clear objective to take the other players’ chips online, tournaments raise poker to the level of a sport. Thousands of players can compete against you at once. Virtual tables have seats assigned to players then the competition starts.
A typical poker tournament aims for one player to emerge as the victor, taking home all the available chips. The top survivors share the prize money; the longer you remain, the larger your award becomes, with the winner receiving the most significant sum of money. Although winning requires both talent and luck, anyone can achieve it.
- Ignition Poker – Read Review
- Bovada Poker – Read Review
- BetOnline Poker – Read Review
- ACR Poker – Read Review
- Sportsbetting Poker – Read Review
Every day, new online poker tournaments are released, and each one provides a wide range of poker games and series to meet the needs of players with various skill levels. Poker players can choose from a wide range of local options during these big tournaments. Now, lets take a look at the best poker sites for US players with big tournaments.
1. Ignition Poker
Ignition Poker is a Costa Rica-based online poker platform on the renowned Bodog network. It offers Fast-Fold, Jackpot, Omaha, and Texas Hold ’em games on aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly software. Recognized for its unique anonymous game structure, recreational setup, and commitment to protecting amateur players; as a result, most casual players find it to be appealing. They host many mid stake tournaments throughout the week that reach over 100k guaranteed.
On a Sunday of every month, the Monthly Milly Tournament takes place, with a sure $1 million prize. Regular players ensure to mark their calendar and try their luck throughout the entire year since it’s the biggest recurring event at Ignition. You can get started on Ignition Poker here.
- One fantastic perk for players on Ignition is there are a large number of events available
- Million dollar tournament every single month
- The site is very reliable; in fact; there is no scandal associated with the website
- Swift installation and download procedures
- The poker tables are unassigned and anonymous
- Quick withdrawal and payment
- Rewards program could be better
2. Bovada Poker
Bovada is a poker website that welcomes recreational players and offers anonymous gaming. The games have one of the highest traffic volumes in the globe. Bovada has a player pool that it shares with Bodog and Ignition while offering top-notch customer support and quick payouts; it is a trustworthy location to play online poker. The advantages of playing on Bovada include fast payouts, significant recognition in the US and a highly rated sportsbook platform. The disadvantages include the fact that bonuses have an expiration date.
The Bovada poker, amongst other poker tournaments, features a regular monthly tournament called the Monthly Milly that gives players the chance to win $1 million. You can get started on Bovada Poker here.
- Fast rate of payouts with options to pay with crypto
- Monthly million dollar tournament
- Great mobile poker app
- Availability of a huge player pool— which means that a poker room will always be open
- Efficient and reliable Support team with both Phone call and live chat support options
- Smaller welcome bonus compared to other competitors
3. Americas Cardroom
American Cardroom is one of the largest poker platforms on the internet, closely following ignition and Bovada. Unlike its counterpart, it doesn’t offer anonymity for players. It is very popular for its venom tournament. Venom Tournaments are prestigious events that occur four times a year with prize pools that improve with time and guaranteed first-place prizes of $1 million. To mark its 21st anniversary, America Cardroom gave a prize of $10 million to the winner. They also offer lots of other big multi table tournaments with higher buy in ranges during the week as well. You can find buy in ranges for these tournaments as low as $1 entry fees all the way up to $1000 entries. So, a little bit of something for everyone depending on the size of your bankroll and risk tolerance for large entry tournaments. You can get started on Americas Cardroom here.
- Players receive prompt payment
- Great sign-up bonuses
- One free check payout every month
- Free Bitcoin withdrawals
- The Elite VIP program provides excellent returns
- Mobile app could be better
Added Benefits To Playing In Tournaments
- INDEPENDENCE: Many players appreciate the autonomy that comes with playing in an online poker tournament. When you want to play the game is entirely up to you. You have various options regarding where and how to access your account. In an actual casino tournament, you cannot simply pick up where you left off if the game is already in progress, but you are in total control with an online tournament.
- LARGE REWARDS FOR SMALL INVESTMENTS: The fact that you can win a massive prize with minimal investment is one of the critical reasons online poker tournaments are so famous, especially among beginners. For beginners or those who want to have a little fun, you can locate a table with stakes as low as 25 cents. For a person playing on lower stakes, you can relax more while still having a chance to win a fantastic prize. You can gradually strive to advance and get on bigger tables over time, but these lesser blind tables are a great introduction to online poker tournaments.
- PLAY AGAINST PLAYERS WITH SIMILAR SKILL LEVELS – You will likely face a player with similar ability and experience because online competitions draw more recreational players than elite players. In addition to experiencing some cash victories, you also enjoy the experience, which heightens the thrill of the whole thing.
- PLAY FOR LARGE STAKES AGAINST WEAK OPPONENTS – it is incorrect that weak competitors are eliminated from tournaments quickly. Due to the huge unpredictability of short stack events, bad players can make progress if luck is on their side. Therefore, your chances of success increase if you play a high-risk game with an inexperienced player.
How To Make Money Playing Big Tournaments?
- Play a lot of volumes: volume is the number of hands a player needs to play at the table to increase their winnings significantly. Players apply techniques like multi-tabbing, amongst others, to make good money in an online poker tournament
- Play with a Poker HUD: a HUD gives real-time tracking of your opponent’s tendencies and presentation of such data on your table. After that, you can make adjustments based on your competitors’ performance. You can also detect leaks in your game using a HUD to track all your moves.
- Manage your pot effectively
- Make sizable bets on your strong hands
Playing in online poker tournaments is an awesome way to go for a big score. However, you should really try and mix these in with your cash games and sit and go’s for better results in the long term. Try and play in the big multi table tournaments on the weekends since the payouts are usually a lot bigger as well.
You find the glamorous side of poker in tournaments, where you can defeat hundreds or thousands of competitors and take home a jackpot worth several times your buy-in. All major championships, including the World Series of Poker, are held in this format. Even though there are possibilities for a beginner to excel in a poker tournament, players should equip themselves with proper expertise and strategy before a poker tournament. This is because after paying your buy-in for a poker tournament, you get a stack of chips; once you run out of chips, elimination from the competition is next.